The significance of personal care, ought to be stressed, especially when it comes to the skin. Irrespective of your preference, whether a complete 10-step regimen at night or a three-step morning routine, the order you put on your skincare products is of great significance. This is because it helps much in ensuring that the products you use can penetrate the skin. For example, the body is better positioned to absorb nutrients during the night than during the day. More so, at night, you aren’t exposed to environmental stressors. If you would like to check out a company that offers skincare products, you can check out about Akoco. Below, a four-step nighttime skincare routine is discussed.
While cleansing is often overlooked, you should start your night skincare routine by ensuring that you have an adequately cleansed face. Ensuring that you have removed all the excess sebum and dirt from the face is critical as the next steps of our night skincare routine requires a clean face to ensure proper absorption. Here’s how to go about face cleansing.
When you aren’t wearing any make-up, a water-based cleanser is the option to go for. Look for a water-based cleanser that doesn’t irritate, is gentle on your eyes and does not leave a dry and tight feeling skin. It should be able to rinse off and remove dirt from the skin sufficiently.
If you have make-up on your face, then an oil cleanser will be the option to go for. Oil cleansers are a gentle and easy way to melt off your make-up from the face. In addition, for dry skin oil cleanser will help keep it moisturized.
Tips while cleansing
- While you are using a cleanser for the first time. Start by testing its performance. Use a cotton pad to wipe your face after rinsing and look if any remainder has been left.
- After rinsing, it is advisable to gently tap off the excess water on your face rather than using a towel to wipe it. This is because using the towel can leave the bacteria on the towel, which you will reintroduce once you use the towel next time. Alternatively, if you must use a towel, after use, always hangs it outside in the open air and ensure it is exposed to the sun so that the UV in sunlight can kill any bacteria.
After cleansing, proceed to apply serum. Serum refers to a product containing a concentrated amount of ingredients that specialize in tackling specific skin issues. There are many serum varieties to select from, and it may be hard to know which to for. Some of the ingredients to look for in serum to address your skin concerns include:
- Anti-ageing: Peptide, retinol
- Hyperpigmentation: alpha arbutin, niacinamide, vitamin C, licorice extract
- Acne: AHA (lactic acid, mandelic acid, glycolic acid)
- Always give some time to your skin to see results, particularly if you are concentrating on anti-ageing and hyperpigmentation. In general, the turnover period of our skin cells is about 14 days to a month. In this period, the skins upper layer sheds, and new skin gets revealed from the middle layer. It is after this process that you can know whether or not the product has worked.
- If you look in your mirror daily, you may be unable to notice the changes. Instead, take a picture before and others at weekly intervals. This way, you’ll be able to see any changes.
Particularly during winter, toner helps boost the skin’s hydration. Toner is a product with an appearance such as water and contains beneficial ingredients that hydrate the skin more. It contains humectants that help attract moisture to the skin.
How to apply toner
Put a generous amount of toner on your pan and tap it gently on your face. Applying toner before you get to bed helps reduce your risk of having acne.
Using a moisturizer as a bedtime routine is very important. It helps ensure that all the goodness you have added to your skin is locked inside while also guaranteeing hydrated skin all night long.
A tip while using moisturizer
To boost the moisture in your skin, always use your preferred moisturizer with a few drops of face oil.
Optionally, you can use a face mask
If you feel you have the time, you can apply the mask between the first and the second option and then wash it off. Some masks you can try out include exfoliating and clay masks. Don’t use masks for too long. Instead, only use them for about 10 to 20 minutes, depending on each of their directions.
In conclusion, skin care is an essential aspect of your overall body health. The above night skincare routine will help maintain glowing skin.